Sunday 7 December 2008

Ingenious

Ingenious game - Tony has beaten Noel-Ann
Noel-Ann and I have been playing a new board game (or at least, one new to us) called "Ingenious". Tiles, in the shape of two coloured hexagons joined domino-style are placed on a hexagonal grid and one scores points for each hexagon of the same colour in an unbroken line from the ones one has placed. The catch is that the loser is the one whose lowest-scoring colour has the lower total, regardless of how many points one has for one's other five colours. The game in the photo is typical - I have won because Noel-Ann's score for yellow is less than mine for green and red, my joint worst-scoring colours.

I have found this an unusually difficult game in which to plan strategically. If anyone has any tips please email me privately.

4 comments:

Noel-Ann said...

The game in the photo may look typical but isn't because Tony rarely wins!

Tony said...

Apologies - obviously it never occurred to me that anyone would interpret "typical" to mean that I usually win and I am happy (especially since hardly anyone will ever read this comment) to clarify that Noel-Ann has won some of our games.

Noel-Ann said...

Some??? I've won the last 4 in a row and the majority before that!

Tony said...

That's not inconsistent with "some", which was an accurate statement of the position so your comments are unnecessary and misleading.